TOP 7 WAYS TO IMPROVE ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS
TOP 7 WAYS TO IMPROVE ENGLISH WRITING SKILLS

 

1. Keep It Simple.

Now, I realize this seems incredibly obvious, but I constantly tell my students that simple work done correctly is preferable to difficult work done incorrectly. In other words, it's preferable to keep things straightforward and complete them effectively than to make everything complicated and complete them poorly. In order to demonstrate your English in English writing tests, you should use accurate English rather than English that you are unfamiliar with or haven't yet learned. That brings me to my second point. It's a great, extremely good idea to create a list of standard phrases and keywords that you can utilize in that exam to help you avoid making mistakes in your writing.

2. Prepare Key Phrases.

You must exercise caution with this, though. Although you shouldn't practice what you intend to write, you should have a good list of potential topics to say just in case. Now, you want to be prepared with linking words and important phrases, particularly for the IELTS exam, and I know many of you are studying for this, but this truly applies to any academic writing exam.

3. Do Not Use Contractions.

Therefore, you should avoid using contractions in your writing tests. Examples include: cannot to can't, do not to don't, shall not to shan't, and I am to I'm. Since you have a word limit and want to brag as much as you can, I know you guys want to keep your word count as low as possible. However, I've got plenty of methods for cutting down on your word count, so resist the urge.

4. Reduce Your Word Count.

Use as few words as possible. To help you keep your word count low and your English level high, though, I've got some really, really helpful tiny suggestions within this large tip.

Please avoid these dull words

like "very," "so," "a lot," and "really."

They are empty calories in English. Replace them, instead, with a strong word. So you should say "I am delighted" rather than "very happy" instead. Instead of saying "so scared," you should say "terrified."

Therefore, you can significantly lower your word count by choosing strong terms instead of these dull ones.

5. Read The Right Pieces Of Writing.

I am aware that many of you like reading in your free time for pleasure, and that many of you read books in English, which is fantastic for improving your spelling and enhancing both your vocabulary and your spelling. However, if you want to do well on an academic writing exam, you might not be reading the correct kinds of materials. Look at the potential pieces of writing. You must read articles, reports, essays, and reviews online or in your local library. Do everything you can to familiarize yourselves with all the styles of writing.

6. Check Your Own Work.

I have a clear example of this. Before sending documents to publishers, I used to go through them to ensure that everything was correct, that there were no grammatical or spelling errors, and that everything else was perfect. And I was amazing at doing this. I could get every single mistake. Just by looking at a document from a distance I could pick out those errors and you can avoid so many point deductions just by checking through your work, so kindly, kindly, kindly make it your top priority. In my opinion, writing less and checking more results in greater accuracy with fewer words. And I know normally we promote fluency over the accuracy, but not in writing exams. In writing exams, you want perfection.

7. Write And Get It Checked.

Unfortunately, getting it checked is much more difficult than it first appears. You want to write as much as you can while obviously proofreading it. Write as much as you can, edit it, and then try to locate someone to make any corrections. Now, I'm not suggesting that you find a total stranger. Their desire to fix it must coincide with ours Personally, I believe it's really improbable that you'll find a random teacher willing to read your paper for free online. However, if it's more like a reciprocal exchange, there are several businesses and pen buddy websites You can do so if you discover someone who is interested in learning your language and who can assist you with your English.